Wednesday, May 26, 2010

long, long way from home

well hello again.

this time from boston. i am sooo exhausted despite waking up after a good night's sleep. i look around me and i just get... overwhelmed. there is soo much stuff! and everything is up in the air! maybe i should back up...

i arrived in boston on monday - safely and on time. my roommate, higgs, and i unloaded the truck. it was HOT outside and i have a ton of stuff. it was sticky. and gross. after we took a break to have a beer (which is my new favorite "refreshing" drink, btw), my friend lisa showed up to help us unpack, so that got us going again. all in all, it took about 3-4 hours to unload (with breaks). higgs and i were tired and sore, sweaty and sticky, the kind where you touch your face and it feels like you stuck your head in the ocean and then let your face dry. ugh. i HATE that feeling. so we took the rental truck back to its campground, but they were closed, so we had to leave it there. then we walked and walked and walked looking for a cab to take us home. we got pizza and had some more beer and then bubbly to celebrate me moving in and we watched chuck. it was too much to even think about unpacking.

yesterday morning, i woke up after spending the night on the couch because we had loaded boxes all over my bed and took some videos of the chaos that is now my apartment.



and this is video two, taken a bit later because i had to delete a bunch of pictures on my camera so these videos would fit...



i spent like 8 hours yesterday just moving boxes around to the "area" in the apartment where they should go. BUT i'm moving in to a fully furnished apartment, so most of my stuff isn't even needed; HOWEVER, i can't really just throw my boxes in storage (of which there is plenty - dont get me wrong) because almost all of my boxes were packed 2 years ago in a fit of packing by all my friends when my moving company just decided not to show up... (long story - will DEF write about later). SO i have NO IDEA what is in half of these boxes. some are labeled accurately ("cds and towels" - there are like 5 or 6 boxes labeled this way) and some are not "wine - empty" (and its no longer wine NOR empty). and none of the boxes are strictly for one room. e.g. "kitchen" i'll find glass vases with computer stuff or light bulbs mixed in with workout stuff. i'm not complaining, at least not in that way, i'm just explaining why this is such a daunting process. its taking a long time and that is making me not so pleased. actually, i kind of like the stress. BUT i am still stressed...

so its wed morning and i promised i would upload these videos, so i have finished that. now i am going to get dressed, start unpacking some more before the heat sets in for the day. then i am going to run to cvs and work on unpacking downstairs (its much much cooler down there). tonight i need to fill out a kazillion forms for work tomorrow (oh yeah! did i tell you i start tomorrow?? which just makes this process all the more disheartening) and find work clothes... crap! i have NO IDEA where my work clothes are...

ok, i gotta go. will write more about my trip later.

[long, long way from home by foreigner - from the complete greatest hits. because i am now a long, long way from fargo...]

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the videos! Good luck with the unpacking process...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited you commented! i'll take better photos / videos later so you can get really excited to come visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay I have a new/old friend to visit when I get back to boston!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay I also figured out a way to post comments from my mac!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be perfect when you finish! One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete