Thursday, May 19, 2011

sweetest perfection

today is my birthday - zaz to me! in honor of my birthday, i thought i would talk about one of my flaws. stay with me here.

it never really occurred to me until recently that i have a gap in my teeth. i've always known that i have tiny teeth, and i joke that they haven't grown since 4th grade (which i think is actually true), but it never occurred to me that i was DIFFERENT until recently. (thanks to a stupid dentist for pointing that out - story for another day.) so when i saw this video, it made me smile at my own gapped-tooth smile.



from boingboing.

and even though this is a slightly dated article (from last fall), here is an article that i like talking about how fashion's hottest item is a gapped-tooth smile. i'm totally in style! since when has that ever happened?? (and i get that fashion changes quickly, so as i write this the gap may already be gone. sigh.) here is my favorite quote from that article:
Don't fret too much if your front teeth touch, though! According to the Journal, "other distinguishing characteristics in demand this season include tattoos, piercings, scars and even albino coloring." If you have perfect teeth, flawless skin, and pigmented coloring, you will never get laid.
here is a picture of me in all my flawed glory...
so here is a cheers to all the flaws i love in every one of you!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Danielle Erdmann, happy birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday dear daughter! You are loved more than you will ever know! --

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gap. In fact, I've never even thought about the gap in your teeth. It just seems natural on you.
    oh yeah, happy birthday sweetie.

    ReplyDelete