Sunday, August 29, 2010

DJ (I Could Be Dancing)

greetings! happy sunday. bleh. my least favorite day of the week! i'm actually at work right now because i dropped off my laptop at the apple store on thursday night (laptop got into a brawl at a bar and had to be repaired) and haven't gotten it back yet. actually, that makes it sound like i came in just to blog, but thats not true. i actually came in to get a lot of work stuff done. i plan to be here au moins 4 hours. i've got a TON of stuff to do, and i'm actually looking forward to doing most of it. i just want to get it DONE and i never seem to have time during the day.

decent weekend so far. friday night... what did i do? oh i went to a movie. alone. dinner for schmucks. which was ... ok. decent. there were a few laugh out loud parts. but i liked the original version better (its french with a very sexy french actor - le herve or something). i went home and caught up a bit on my dvr. tons of stuff recorded from when i was gone. yesterday i got up early and went for a bikeride. i cleaned my room - its SUPER organized now. i LOVE my closet. it almost makes me not want to get anything out of it its so nice. and i watched towelhead, which was a really good movie. i liked it a lot. i def recommend it to people. its about the coming of age of an arab-american girl in the 80s (when the first bush invaded iraq). [dave - you should tell me if it passes the test. i can't remember.]

last night, my roomie had a friend over and made a DELICIOUS dinner - some pulled bbq chicken with corn and onions on a bun with a side of salsa (i've never eaten salsa alone!) and carmelized carrots. delish. we had some drinks and they went out. i did more stuff in my room and started to organize all my books. it makes me want to read more. maybe i'll give up TV for a week or something and try reading more.

this morning we went to starbucks and hung out (and i read!) and now i am at work. i think tonight we'll watch the emmy's. who else is watching? i have two bets with people to see who picks the most winners. i will probably lose. i always suck at things like this.

my brother's bachelor party was this weekend in bismarck. my mom and i commented today that we didn't get a call from the police, so that's a good sign!

well, i have to get going at work. thought you might enjoy this new video that my friend sent me (oh, it might be old - idk. but its new to me). its a fun, upbeat song. and makes me want to dance. maybe tonight during the emmys??

[song by alphabeat - fun name! and the girl is SO CUTE!]

2 comments:

  1. Tell me, why didn't Survivor get nominated? Does it suck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Survivor does not suck. And Jimmy Johnson is on this season. That should be interesting.

    I thought Jimmy Fallon did pretty good on the Emmy's but the comments as actors were walking up to get there awards were supposed to be funny and no one laughed.

    ReplyDelete