Sunday, January 24, 2010

all the lonely people

the hardest part from me these days is the weekends... very. very. boring. i try to do so much, but it ends up being not nearly enough time to not feel incredibly bored. friday night i listened to my little brother, player's, basketball game, which was fun, but since it was at 6pm california time, it was over by 8. and i had no plans for the evening. before the game i went to a movie (youth in revolt - funny! except that my contact tore in the middle and i missed a good 10 minutes of the movie trying to get the other half out of my eye - yes, i know, gross, and painful) and my other brother, homie and i made player's game a drinking game - for every time his team, umary, scored, we took a sip of our drinks and then whenever player scored, we took a proper drink. it was fun. but made me in no condition to drive to another movie. i ended up addressing a whole bunch of cards (guess what friends, you've got mail coming soon!) and then... nothing.

saturday was more boring and i even did things! saturday morning i woke up and caught up on tv shows while in bed - 30 rock, bones, etc. i got out of bed to get to yoga by noon. i assumed the class was one hour, but it was 1.5. i lifted a few weights before the class and was going to do some cardio after, but i was too tired and felt like 1.5 hours is a LOT of time to work out, so i got some sushi and went home. i ate the sushi while watching food network and then there was NOTHING on tv. i checked the movie times and leap year was playing in 10 minutes, so i jumped in the car and drove to the theater. crap movie. don't see it. i like romantic comedies, but ... ugh. it was SO CHEESY. and they didn't allow the audience to even start to like the main character, which is sad because i love amy adams. anyway, i booked my ass home to hear listen to player's second game of the weekend. and... dum dum dum... congrats to player! he scored his 1,000th point in his college basketball career - woo hoo!!! it was really fun to watch/listen to the game. the students in the audience held up signs that said "1,000!" and chanted "thou-sand, thou-sand!" and "erd-mann, erd-mann!" and that was cool. he's only a junior (red-shirt junior, actually) so he has a whole other year to rack up points - woo hoo! after his saturday night game (also a 6pm game), i can't even remember what i did, BUT i know i was in bed by 10. lame. i know. on a good note - here is a link of my little (big) brother on tv being interviewed today. they don't archive the videos, so after a week this will be replaced by the most recent video (crappy). he's so good when interviewed! he obviously takes after me with my public speaking skills. :)

today... another boring day. i went to the gym and was going to go to a movie, but then i wanted to watch the end of the vikings game, so i did that. oh, i also stopped by my friend anny's place to meet her baby nephew. i was there for about an hour. then i watched the vikings game, which, even though i recognize it was a good game, was really boring for me. i left right before the 4th quarter to get some beer so i could enjoy the game more and realized, once i was at the store, that i hadn't brought my license. so no beer for me. i came home and had my backup alcohol: champagne. which, now that the vikings lost, is kind of ironic. and as much as i wanted the vikings to win (mostly so my family would be happy), if they had to lose to any team, i'm almost-ok with it being new orleans. they've been through so much as a city, i don't mind cheering for them. but, again, that ended early in california time and i had nothing to do last night. boring.... what did you get up to this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. thanks! for some reason it didnt save so i just made up some other ending...

    ReplyDelete
  2. as someone who has not had weekends off in years, i am relishing this "boring" downtime. saturday morning i went to the bakery, then walked around to some SoWa shops, then came home and had a lazy afternoon/evening. sunday i stuck around the house, cleaned, upgraded some software, caught up on email, and then went to visit my friend emma at her bar and had dinner. while i am sure i'll eventually tire of this free time, i loooove it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, but your boring downtime is different than mine - i dont have my books or cds or anything around me to keep me occupied. i am in a trailer afraid to walk on the carpet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUT - didnt mean to not say this - i am glad you, higgs, finally have some downtime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to my now boring life! haha I love it. I am saving money by not drinking and I get a ton more done than before. (Or maybe not.) If I am in Fargo for the weekend I am usually at home waiting for my phone to ring in case anyone needs a DD. I too am usually in bed around ten or before. But wait for it....this weekend I stayed up until midnight both nights!! I'm crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Sh*t. that sara character sounds CRAZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you ended it with a question d. To answer, I played in 2 basketball games and we won both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Sara character is crazy! Crazy awesome that is!!!

    ReplyDelete