Monday, October 26, 2009

26th on the 26th!!

ironically, (or oddly?) both of my brothers celebrate their golden birthdays this year. crazy!

so in honor of my little brother's birthday, i declare this chocolate day: happy golden 26th birthday, homie!
it's chocolate day because i've never met anyone who loves chocolate as much as my brother, homie. in fact, i think all of my lack of chocolate love was saved in my mom's womb for him, next born. we used to go to ponderosa growing up and homie would get chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce topped with chocolate sprinkles (jimmies for the east coasters) and chocolate chips. seriously.

anyway, i don't remember homie being born (i was 2.5 years old). but i do have one story that i can tell you about his birth. [my whole family is groaning because they all know this story.] i was a wee little thing and my dad brought me to the hospital to introduce me to my brother. my mom held him and my parents showed me how he was different from me. i was uninterested. i went to play in the hall and while i was outside, the nurse came in to get my brother. apparently i walked back into my mom's room and demanded, "where did that penis go??" that's when my parents realized they needed to come up with a name for my brother. they decided against penis erdmann.

and to that extent, here is a picture of me and my brother from my cousin's bachelorette party last may. ironically, i am wearing a penis sticker:
this is also the party where i had a dare to kiss the tallest guy in the bar, and of course, it was my brother.

so join me all in wishing my little brother a happy birthday. love you much!!

4 comments:

  1. grooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaan. JK! Thanks! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danielle, I thought we taught you not say penis in public, or write it either. sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays are great!! Much better than the alternative!

    ReplyDelete