Saturday, August 23, 2008

the hair

my first note will be less than glamorous and used because people have been asking to see my fancy new hair. due to my extreme move half-way across the country, most will not see it in person. since i have always wanted to have bright red or hot pink hair (kind of Run, Lola, Run style) and never been able to since I have been working since I was 15 years old, I figured that now was the perfect time to do it. I have moved on from the extreme style I wanted before and have chosen something a bit more subtle, and yet fun. Three weeks ago, I had hair locs put into place. Here is their website (directly linked so you can see what they are): http://hairlocs.com/temp/difference.html. No, it is not a weave or glued in. These aren't quite as temporary as at-home methods - they should last 2-3 months. I have to use a special brush to comb my hair so they aren't pulled out, and I use this seaweed bumble and bumble shampoo, which is quite nice.

so, without further ado, here are pictures of my new style.









































the last picture shows the locs at the bottom of the purple strand of hair. they are totally moveable and work with natural hair - I can put my hair up and it'll move naturally and won't show. really cool.

w
hile speaking with my friend, dave, he pointed out an excellent article on hair extensions that ya'll should read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_weave (yes, this is from wiki - one of my favorite sources, even though I have found it to be incorrect)

in the future, I plan to use this as a sort of "where am i" and "see how unglamorous my life is" type of blog. questions, ideas for posts, etc are always welcome. also, i apologize in advance for... well, anything...

1 comment: