Saturday, April 10, 2010

baby, you send me

its saturday morning. 10:27am in fact. i'm still in bed. and i kinda love it.

last night was fun - my first *fun* night in a long time. i left work about 415 and went to see date night. totally fun! it made me laugh. i was annoyed that a lot of the good parts are in the previews, and its completely unbelievable, but i really liked it. so i was in a good mood when i left the movie theater and so i put on my "most played" playlist and blared the music and rolled down the windows and got on the highway for the 3 mile drive back to my room. but i was having so much fun, i just kept driving! i drove past my exit and was thinking "where could i go? what could i do?" it was 630 or so and i realized i should get some food and then i realized, "i know! davis! i'll go to davis." its a city of 64,000 people, home to uc davis, about 15 miles west of sacramento - on the exact road that i was on. so i cruised on, singing along to my music at high volumes. and i hit up redrum burger and it was DELISH! i had a quarter pounder burger with jalepenos and bbq sauce (and lettuce, tomato, onions, and mustard) and an oreo milkshake. it was soo good. i hopped back on the freeway and headed home.

i was in a really good mood and then got home and watched the end of its always sunny season 4. which was also fun.

today i think i'm going to go rollerblading and then head to napa and pick up some wine - woo hoo! (another chance to cruise with the windows rolled down! i think thats my new favorite pasttime. please dont remind me of the environmental impact of driving. it makes me feel more guilty than i already do. i've never liked having the windows rolled down, its a new thing for me. (hair has to be up, of course) i think its because it makes me feel like i'm on a motorcycle, but i can only imagine because i have never actually been on one. i think i would like it. but i like driving in a car with the windows down because i get to sit upright. i wouldnt get to do that on a motorcycle, unless i get a hog, right? should i do that? maybe i'm a hog kinda gal.) and then maybe go downtown to check out second saturday. maybe not. we'll see how motivated i am. :)

ok, i gotta go eat breakfast and get out of bed. woo hoo!

[baby, you send me by pm dawn is obviously the only song you can reference when talking about cruising around]

4 comments:

  1. driving with windows down is the best.

    i just put 8 of my favorite windows down songs here if you want them:

    http://slickhop:8080/01397/windows_down.zip

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm that might not work while i'm on vacation, will let you know when i figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo - thanks! i'll check out those songs (if i can).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see you driving a motorcycle... Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete