Sunday, March 7, 2010

in the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey...

well, today is the day. i head back to the real world. coming to fargo is so easy - its like putting a pause on my life. does that sound funny? i don't mean it in a bad way at all. i just mean that all of my time here in fargo since moving away after high school has been "breaks." like every year between christmas and new year. and then once in the summer - for a brother's graduation or a week off. then i kind of moved here while i was doing nothing. and now i'm back again for a week before i go back to my kind of real job and my non-apartment with none of my stuff. 6 more weeks in sacramento. i absolutely have to find a job and get ready to move before the end of it. going through my things yesterday (which, btw, only took an hour once we actually got started - thanks dad and homie) made me realize that it would be REALLY NICE to have an apartment where i could unpack my boxes and look at all my books and listen to my cds and light my candles and hang my art and put my nice purple sheets from my friend higgi in the morning on a bed that i own. all of that would be really nice.

my dad was trying to convince me yesterday to just move to fargo and work at a gas station or a grocery store. he said i don't need a "highfalutin finance job." i disagree. i didn't pay $100,000+ for a degree from a top 100 university so i could live with my parents and check bags. i'm not trying to be ungrateful, but i've worked hard and been successful. there's no reason for me to not be.

so i'm going to go clean the basement, then pack my bags, hang out with gma and play some cards, then board a plane and head off to a land where time drags reallllly slowly. i'll spend this week getting organized and then i absolutely MUST do my resume and apply for jobs. ugh. this is going to be such a long process. its easy to put off. but i can't anymore.

in other news, the oscars are on tonight and i'm actually disappointed that i'll miss them (i'll be on a plane that is not jetblue and therefore does not have tvs - crappy american airlines). since i'm in to movies (i never did start that movie blog - i should do that still maybe) i like to see who wins. and i like to pick the winners beforehand, but i always do really badly. people who haven't seen most of the movies and guess always pick more winners than i do. i wonder what that says about me.... probably just that i'm crappy at picking winners.

in honor of the oscars, i thought i would put this funny video from cracked.com (which i actually found here) up for you to enjoy. its a movie trailer for a fake movie that embodies all the oscar winners... check it out. enjoy.

[title from beck's song "loser" because, well, i'm pretty much a loser.]

6 comments:

  1. move back to boston... no planning necessarily. just think about all of the dinners we can make and movies we can see in our free time! like mobile minutes, i'm free on nights and weekends now! plus, i am just about ready for marriage and children. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. how can i pass up that offer? i'll be there in 6 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you think of this song from vh1's top 100 songs of the 90's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe YOU'RE really good at picking Oscar winners, it's the people who actually do the picking who suck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What timing Higgs! d's dad is ready to become a grandfather!

    ReplyDelete