Sunday, September 27, 2009

crimson and clover

whew. what a few weeks. busy times, busy times. i just now realized that i missed two credit card payments because i have been so busy in the past few weeks. woops. eek. woops. i have since paid my bills and all is good, but it is NOT good to miss credit card payments. my monthly system failed me (leaving the email notification in my inbox until i pay it and then filing it) because i had soo many emails in my inbox i couldn't see my financial payment emails.

in the past few weeks, i have
  1. packed my belongings, cleaned my old (dingy) apartment, and moved out
  2. moved half of my stuff to my new place then moved into a hotel
  3. lived out of a suitcase in a hotel for 4 days
  4. created programs for my cousin's wedding. drove to 5 paper companies to find paper. printed programs.
  5. flew home to fargo for a wedding
  6. got my hair done and feet done 8 hours after landing in fargo
  7. picked up grandma and drove with mom to minneapolis
  8. dropped off grandma at the groom's dinner
  9. picked up food with mom and drove back to hotel
  10. started putting together programs - finished putting together next day
  11. attended wedding. and wedding dance. almost missed flight back to cmh
  12. eventually flew back to columbus
  13. moved in to one side of apartment building since my side was not ready
  14. showed around new girl at work for 2 days
  15. attended my first nhl game
  16. spent 4 days on the other side apartment
  17. moved in to my side of the apartment
whew. i hope to soon add to my list that i have unpacked and finally settled in to my new apartment. i'm a procrastinator, so i'm taking my sweet ass time. pictures forthcoming.

i'm really looking forward to getting back into a system. oh! and tell me why i had some of the busiest days at work i've had since i got here. it was so busy on friday, i didn't have time to do 3 or 4 things on my list. and i've made a pledge not to work on the weekends, so i shall be good and busy this week, as well.

the wedding was probably the most fun wedding i've ever been to. i'll write about it soon - hopefully this week. i have to upload the pictures to my computer and send them to people. those will be coming soon, as well...

today is sunday - my least favorite day of the week. i woke up early and finished watching studio 60 on the sunset strip - a fabulous show that was ended much too early. then i took a nap and woke up to watch the news. i went for a walk to the grocery store, which is quite closer than i expected. it was kind of a dingy grocery store - like going to sunmart vs. hornbachers and compare that to me only shopping at trader joe's since i've been here. so that was disappointing. i also bought a bus pass for next month since i'm now not renting cars to get to work (cost me nearly $1000 last month - eek). got home, cleaned up, and realized that at the grocery store, they charged me $54 for the bus pass instead of the $45 that was printed on it. so i walked back to the store and picked up a few more things. i've spent the past two hours watching food network - LOVE it! i'm pretty sure its like jt said in the new sony commercials, "the more you watch, the better you get." the more i watch food network, the better chef i'll be. clearly.

3 comments: