Wednesday, October 22, 2008

time and chance

as per usual, i have procrastinated.

by the time this is posted, i will be in class about to take an exam that will either pass / fail me auf deutsch (in german). i can't imagine i'll really FAIL, although that would really really suck. if i do, it's my own fault - i have put off studying and redoing my notes and just general "language learning."

ALTHOUGH, i must say i can tell a HUGE improvement in my german. it's still rather mediocre, but i think i have the basics down. i can very easily tell you the following:

Ich bin siebenundzwanzig Jahre alt. Ich bin nicht verheiratet und ich habe keine Kinder. Ich bin bankauffrau. Mein Hobbys since reisen, blog schreiben, und Kino gehen. etc.

[i am 27 years old. I am not married and have no kids. I am a banker. My hobbies include traveling, blog writing and movie watching.]

tonight i ordered dinner again and this time i was able to communicate with the delivery guy! and i kind of almost understood the menu online. right now i am also watching this tv show on channel vox, which seems to be like food network. my friend jen's boyfriend's best friends are on this show called mein restaurant. its a competition between 5 different couples around germany to start the best restaurant. the people i almost know are in köln (cologne) on the other side of germany. jen's boyfriend was there las weekend helping them set up the restauarant, so its a very recent show. anyway, what i find interesting is that me watching it now vs. watching the last episode last friday - i can definitely tell a difference. in a good way, of course.

no matter what, i don't think i'll ever break this ... let me rephrase: i work better under pressure and i don't think that will ever change. if i'm not nervous, it's almost certain i will do badly.

hmmm... i just realized that as i write this i am not at all nervous. nicht so gut.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on the exam! i am proud of you that you not only completed German I, now you are on your way to pass German II! hopefully the delivery guy gave you the beers this time! hopefully you'll get to try the Thai place that Jim and I found~

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's over now. i'll let you know how it goes. yes, i am def looking forward to half-dressed thai women serving me food. :)

    ReplyDelete