Sunday, September 7, 2008

themen

dinner: bad rose wine and apfelmus (apple sauce). mmmm....

well, my first weekend in berlin wasn't bad. i already accomplished a few things on my list: i saw brandenburger tor and unter den linden - both without intending to do so. yesterday i walked from here (mitte) to potsdamer platz. its over 3 miles from here; it took me about an hour to get there and i just happened to arrive in time for Wanted - a movie i have been meaning to see all summer. good flick if you don't mind watching something that absolutely could never happen. i rather liked it. anyway, i walked home afterwards and that's when i stumbled upon the gate and the fancy street. unter den linden is kind of like the Champs-Élysées in paris in that it's HUGE and a big tourist trap. but i liked it. they have a lot of benchs and it's not quite as crowded as the champs, so maybe i will walk there some day to sit and just be.

other than that, i have been on a huge quest this weekend to clean my apartment. jen stopped by earlier today and mentioned that it smelt better (vanilla, for those of you who couldn't guess) and said it looked better. i'm feeling more comfortable. we think the smell is that of sulfer from the pipes, so makes sense that the bathroom and kitchen smell the worst. i wanted to go get some takeout food, but just didnt feel like putting on proper clothes to leave, so i ate my applesause and drank some wine. at least its cheap.

skyped with my friend elaine for a bit and that was fun. i'm heading to london in a few weeks for her golden birthday, so we are looking for things to do. any ideas?? clubs to go to in london?

now i'm watching a movie called edison force which is not a horrible flick - got some of my favorite people in it: kevin, ll, jt, morgan, and i guess i like piper a bit. i feel really smart because the movie takes place in Edison, everywhere USA. when JT is putting fed ex labels onto boxes, it says "Edison" and the state is blank, but the ZIP is 80201 which is DENVER. i'm a genius. which reminds me, i need to start a movie review...

the rest of my night shall consist of studying german and... well, not much else.

5 comments:

  1. um you def need to eat better.

    ps you should tell me what you think of my tricky post. if you don't know/listen to him you should, i reckon you'd like him.

    http://suckmyart.blogspot.com/2008/09/microphoniscope-aimless-lens-on-tricky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave. You need to eat better.
    And I looked at your apartment on Google Earth. It looks to me like you live right on the street. And, as a mother, that bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw Wanted?!?! I've wanted to see that forever, however, none of my friends have the same movie taste as me. Wish we could've figured that out when you were here. Also, I loved having you around. I didn't get to see you a ton, but still loved the idea of you being at my disposible if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that you remember that! what del monte plant number??

    ReplyDelete