Wednesday, September 3, 2008

landing: part 2 (berlin)

well i am writing to you from the great city of berlin. and yes, this is a great city. i shall make a list of great cities one day, and berlin will be on it. so, since i am in berlin, i guess i can say that i made it safely and it was mostly without event:

after i wrote on my laptop at schipol in amsterdam, i set my alarm for one hour to nap on the reclining chairs. well, for some reason, i did not hear my alarm and JUST HAPPENED to wake up right before my plane boarded. i still do not know what it was that woke me, but when i awoke, i was in the phase where my body had almost completely shut down in hibernation and if i didnt wake up then, i would not have woken up at all. so then while i was waiting to board the plane, my heart was pounding something fierce - the "almost missed my flight" pound. anyway, slept the whole way to berlin and got off without incident, found my luggage, tried to go through a non-exit door (despite the english sign stating "do not exit"), found a cab and hopped in for the drive to pick up the keys to my apartment.

met the guy, kaspar, who brought my to my furnished, rented apartment in the mitte district, just blocks from the goethe institut (where i will be taking german classes). so alles gut...

No comments:

Post a Comment